MFG Part #:
Out of Stock
This Western Digital WD1600AVBS Serial ATA Hard Drive is designed for demanding digital audio and video environments such as PVR/DVR, DVD recorders, surveillance video recorders, and other video streaming applications!
It features a huge 160 GB storage capacity, 7200 RPM spindle speeds, 2 MB buffer and fast SATA 300 GB/s data transfers! The Western Digital WD1600AVBS offers SilkStream technology for smooth, continuous digital video playback of up to twelve simultaneous HD streams and IntelliSeek that optimizes seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration!
- Western Digital WD1600AVBS 160 GB SATA/300 Hard Drive
- General Features:
- 160 GB formatted capacity
- 7200 RPM spindle speed
- SATA/300 interface
- 3 Gb/s transfer rate
- 2 MB Buffer
- 8.9 ms read seek time
- 10.9 ms (average) write seek time
- 4.20 ms average latency
- 3.5-inch form factor
- Cool and quiet operation
- Low power consumption
- RoHS Compliant
- Ideal for PVR/DVR, DVD recorders, surveillance video recorders, and other video streaming applications
- Technology Features:
- SilkStream - Optimized for smooth, continuous digital video playback of up to twelve simultaneous HD streams.
- IntelliSeek – Optimizes seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration.
- Ramp Load – Parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up,
spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never
touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less
head wear, and improved non-operational shock tolerance.
- Preemptive Wear Leveling (PWL) – The drive arm frequently sweeps across
the disk to reduce uneven wear on the drive surface common to audio video
- Power Specifications:
- 5VDC, 0.65A
- 12VDC, 0.41A
- Regulatory Approvals:
- Model: WD1600AVBS
- P/N: WD1600AVBS-63SVA0
- Product Requirements:
- Serial ATA controller
- Serial ATA data cable
- Serial ATA power cable
- Available 3.5-inch drive bay