Incredible Performance with Incredible Control
The ASUS RT-N66U dual-band wireless-N900 gigabit router delivers incredible performance and coverage range. With new ASUSWRT UI, quickly setup your network, customize user access, and monitor signal strength. Following the award-winning RT-N56U, the RT-N66U increases Wi-Fi speed for both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz transmission by 50% up to 900 Mbps that makes it ideal for bandwidth demanding tasks such as 3D HD video steaming, multiplayer gaming, USB hard drive file sharing, and USB connected printer sharing. Built-in Wi-Fi amplifiers make the RT-N66U the perfect wireless router for larger, multi-level homes and buildings with signal range that reaches virtually any area.
Whether you’re a tech-savvy enthusiast or a first-time user, the RT-N66U is exceptional easy to use with CD-free, Quick Installation Setup (QIS) that lets you plug-n-surf right out of the box and connect PCs, smartphones, tablets, and other wireless devices quickly. Thanks to its refined interface tools, you get control like never before, letting you monitor signal strength, setup parental settings, and other useful functions in a robust yet intuitive way.
Designed for Class-Leading Speed and Range
Designed with the latest in networking technology, the RT-N66U delivers exceptionally fast wired and wireless connectivity. What’s more, it comes with a powerful detachable Wi-Fi antenna to further extend wireless range.
Dual-Band Connectivity for Lag-Free Entertainment
Delivering both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz concurrent bands up to 450 Mbps and 450 Mbps respectively, the RT-N66U has a total speed of up to 900 Mbps connectivity to provide speed with stability. Perform basic internet tasks like Web browsing and file downloading under the 2.4 GHz band, while also simultaneously streaming 3D HD content and other demanding applications smoothly on the 5 GHz band.
Optimized and Reliable Wireless Coverage via Ai Radar
ASUS Ai Radar intelligently strengthens connections to wireless devices. With high-powered amplification and beam package, it provides optimized signals in any direction with better coverage to improve data throughput.
3-Step Easy Setup Through Your Pad, Smartphone, or PC
With the RT-N66U, setup is simple. Simply power and connect the router and then open a browser on a Wi-Fi-enabled device like a laptop or tablet. You will be taken to a setup page with a prompt to enter the ID/password from your Internet provider and that’s it! Now setting up your network is easier than ever.
Get online in 30 seconds
Smart auto-detection design makes it possible for you to go from first plugging in the RT-N66U to setup completion in under 30 seconds! Compared to the lengthy installs and hassles of other routers, this development from ASUS offers a true wonder of ease of use, and puts the most extreme networking speeds within your reach quicker than ever before.
Powerful functions, easiest management
With the ASUSWRT Dashboard UI, setup, monitor, and control network applications all in one intuitive area. The whole new dashboard interface lets you manage all clients and settings on a single graphical interface and provides 1-click updates.
Optimize Your Network for You
Do you game a lot, or spend most of your time streaming videos? Whatever your planned use is, the RT-N66U has a Quality of Service (QoS) that lets you select how much bandwidth is prioritized for virtually any task. Plus, the traffic monitor allows you to check your Web usage in a clear and graphical interface.
Two Multi-Functional Built-in USB ports
Featuring connectivity to devices, FTPs, SAMBA, UPnP AV servers, and DLNA support, the RT-N66U makes sharing and networking easier with two built-in USB ports. Download HTTP, FTP, and P2P files to a router-connected USB storage device all day without the need of PC. Additionally, the twin USB ports allow network printer and file server connections, so you perform multiple tasks at once.
Download and Stream From Anywhere
Download Master and DLNA server lets you download and play multimedia files stored on a router-attached USB storage device on DLNA-compatible devices such as PC, tablet, PS3, XBOX, and Internet TV. Download Master can also download files while a PC is turned off, and allows you to manage and monitor download status remotely.
Powerful Online Multitasking up to 300,000 Data Sessions
Support f or a massive data pipeline of up to 300,000 data sessions means the RT-N66U has around 20 times the networking capacity of other conventional routers for exceptionally smooth performance.
Separate and Secure Wi-Fi Network via Guest Network Access
The RT-N66U supports up to three wireless networks over the 2.4 GHz band and three over the 5 GHz band, so it can protect computers from any unauthorized access, hacking and virus attacks. The parental control allows you to set up your kids' computer access times.
VPN Server Enabled
Easily set up a VPN server to surf the Web and access data—no matter where you are. Featuring MPPE encryption, your data transmission will be secure and confidential.
Flexible Installation with Versatile Design
Wall-mountable, the RT-N66U fits nearly any space in the home or office.
- ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router
- General Features:
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Concurrent Dual-Band Transmissions for Strong Signal Strength and Ultra-Fast Connection Rates up to 900 Mbps
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports for the Fastest, Most Reliable Internet Performance
- Download Master for Wireless Data Storage and Access to Router-Connected USB Storage Devices
- Expanded Wireless Coverage with Detachable High-Powered Antennas
- File Sharing, Printer Sharing, and 3G Sharing via Two Multi-Functional Built-in USB Ports
- ASUSWRT Dashboard UI for Easy Setup, Signal Monitoring, and Network Application Control
- Network Standards:
- IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IPv4, IPv6
- Data Rate:
- 802.11a: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps
- 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps
- 802.11g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps
- 802.11n: up to 450 Mbps
- Three (3) detachable antennas
- Operating Frequency:
- 2.4~2.4835 GHz /5.1~5.8 GHz
- 64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, WPS support
- Firewall & Access Control:
- Firewall: SPI intrusion detection,DoS protection
- Access control: Parental control, Network service filter, URL filter, Port filter
- UPnP, DLNA, DNS Proxy, DHCP, NTP Client, DDNS, Port Triger, Virtual Server, DMZ
- VPN Support:
- IPSec Pass-Throuth
- PPTP Pass-Through
- L2TP Pass-Through
- PPTP server
- WAN Connection Type:
- Internet connection type: Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
- Multicast Proxy support
- Download master:
- support BT, NZB, HTTP, ED2K
- support encryption, DHT, PEX and magnet link
- upload and download bandwidth control
- download scheduling
- Media server:
- Image: JPEG
- Audio: mp3, wma, wav, pcm, mp4, lpcm, ogg
- Video: asf, avi, divx, mpeg, mpg, ts, vob, wmv, mkv, mov
- User definable rules for IP/MAC/Port. Upload and Download bandwidth management.
- ACK/SYN/FIN/RST/ICMP with Highest priority
- Guest Network:
- Three (3) 2.4 GHz guest network
- Three (3) 5 GHz guest network
- Printer Server: multifunctional printer support(Windows nly), LPR protocol support
- File server: Samba and FTP server with account management
- PPTP VPN server
- Network map
- Traffic monitor
- Four (4) RJ45 for 10/100/1000/Gigabits BaseT for LAN,
- One (1) RJ45 for 10/100/1000/Gigabits BaseT for WAN,
- Support Ethernet and 802.3 with max. bit rate 10/100/1000 Mbps and auto cross-over function (MDI-X)
- Two (2) USB 2.0
- WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Button
- LED Indicators:
- Four (4) LAN
- One (1) LAN
- Two (2) AIR
- One (1) USB
- Power Supply:
- AC input: 110 - 240V 50/60 Hz
- DC output: 19V 1.58A
- Unit Dimensions:
- 1.39 x 8.14 x 5.85-inches (H x W x D)
- Weight: 15.87 oz
- Regulatory Approvals:
- ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router
- RJ-45 cable
- Power adapter
- Warranty card
- Quick start guide
- Model: RT-N66U
- Product Requirements:
- Available power outlet
- Computer with network interface card required for initial setup